Midatech – Multi-Product Nanotechnology Pilot Plant Concept Study
- Midatech has been developing novel drug delivery systems based upon gold Nano-particles (GNP).
- The initial process research and clinical testing was performed by Midatech and the process development and scale up was performed by CPI (Centre for Process Innovation) in Darlington.
- eXmoor completed a concept study for this project to include the process, facility, utility and GMP issues.
- Split process:
– Upstream, generic process which is based on stainless steel/glass re-useable components which will be CIPed
– Downstream which will be single-use disposable, as it will be specifically tailored for different products.